One of the world’s first true electronic HDSLR remote controls, the Deluxe Electronic Remote Control for Canon HDSLRs lets you react quickly to changing contexts and creative inspiration.
It promises real innovation in the field of HDSLR filming by circumventing the need for any physical contact with the camera and lens for focus and other film/photo operations, instead wiring directly into the camera body to use the internal systems to electronically control focus and advanced camera operations and settings.
The advantages are obvious: lenses can be swapped easily without extra hardware or adjustment, nothing jolts the camera unexpectedly during focus, one-man camera operation is easier and safer, and control at a distance is as simple as extending the cable between the camera and the remote.
The Deluxe Remote’s functions are as follows:
– 3-step, ultra-precise focus speed
– Fixed or variable focus control modes
– Customizable focus speed limit
– Focus Memory settings
– Live View control
– Auto Focus control and Auto Focus point selection
– Live View Digital Zoom control
– Video recording start/stop
– Photo shutter release
– Remote control and camera battery status
– Customizable focus direction
– ISO – Shutter speed
– Colour temperature
– Exposure level
The LCD screen on the Deluxe Remote relays general information from the camera, such as battery charge level, white balance temperature and memory card status – especially useful if the camera’s on-body screen is inaccessible:
– L1. CAMERA MODE DIAL
– L2. EXPOSURE LEVEL INDICATOR
– L3. CAMERA BATTERY CHECK
– L4. CAMERA MODE
– L5. VIDEO MODE
– L6. REMOTE CONTROL BATTERY CHECK
– L7. APERTURE INDICATOR
– L8. SHUTTER SPEED
– L9. COLOR TEMPERATURE INDICATOR
– L10. ISO INDICATOR .