Canon has released new firmware version 1.1.1 for the EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R Cameras
Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following fixes:
1. Corrects a phenomenon in which shooting may not be completed while using HDR (High Dynamic Range) Mode, when certain combinations of settings are selected.
2. Corrects the phenomenon of Err70 which occurs with certain combinations of settings.
3. Corrects the level display when the camera is held in the vertical orientation with the hand grip pointing downward.
4. Corrects a phenomenon in which, when using certain CF cards, it may take approximately five seconds for the camera to power on depending on when the camera’s power switch was turned <ON>.
Please review the instructions thoroughly before updating the firmware on your camera.
The firmware update takes approximately 6 minutes.
Please note that the firmware for EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R is different.
(1) The firmware cannot be updated when the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 is inserted into the camera.
(2) Once the camera is updated to Version 1.1.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware Version 1.0.1.
(3) EOS 5DS cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.0 (or later) require the latest version of EOS Utility and Camera Connect.
• EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later can be downloaded from Canon our Web site. Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later can be downloaded from Apple’s App Store or Google Play.
• Versions of application software that support Firmware Version 1.1.0 (or later) of the camera:
o EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later
o Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later
(4) Download the latest version of the Instruction Manual which contains information regarding the enhancements incorporated into Version 1.1.0 firmware.