BioWare™, a label of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), is a leading developer of high quality console, PC and online role-playing games and has produced some of most globally successful titles including Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™and Jade Empire™.
In 2011, Bioware opened a new a state-of-the-art customer service centre in Galway; the company’s first facility outside of North America. The centre provides 24/7 support for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, the award-winning story-driven massively multiplayer online game from BioWare and LucasArts. Continuous operation of the support centre, which provides round-the-clock support to worldwide users, would require a highly reliable communications and presentation infrastructure. Integration of AV systems would be carefully planned to reflect and bolster Bioware’s position as a leader in the digital media sector.
ISS Audio Visual carried out the audio visual fit out of the Bioware Galway facility; installing superior quality presentation systems in meeting and training rooms, Network Operations Centre, MOD area, community team space and communal areas.
- In order to provide swift customer support, immediate access to information that is clearly displayed, is essential. Display systems were designed to deliver a reliable, continuous flow of information, which would be presented in a user-friendly manner.
- Collaborative areas including meeting rooms, training rooms and the community team space were planned to enable smooth but impactful exchange of ideas.
- AV systems were integrated to compliment the Bioware office and reflect the company’s position as a cutting-edge games developer.
- High quality, reliable and robust audio visual infrastructure, essential for 24/7 operations
- Fast access to information; essential for efficient customer support and competitive edge
- Intuitive design catering for a range of users
- Cost-effective communications